The long-awaited summer is here and with it, our holiday. After a long year of work, it’s time to enjoy the rest and our family. Surely, many of you are already planning your summer vacation .
As always , KangApp always wants to make travel easier family and, why not?, inspire . That is why today we show you the latest trends within the family tourism.
Family tourism is a niche market that moves nothing more and nothing less than 16,000 million euros only in Spain. These numbers are basically focused on the summer , which is logical since it is the time when children have also vacation. This is a type of tourism that flees from standardized services. Due to its characteristics, it offers specialized needs. Some of the trends that we may find are:
- Specialized tourist establishments and, in many cases, certified as ideal accommodations for families or with labels such as “Children Friendly” certification. We can find many places with specific and healthy food for children, with apps to turn the visit into a game and, especially, with high-quality quality growing services. Families need vacation time to rest and enjoy, with less surprises. All this does not conflict with the price because families, by the high cost of their journeys, make the most of the offers. The tourism industry knows it and, increasingly, offers more discounts, therefore, we must be attentive to these opportunities.
- Connectivity: Until recently, this aspect was secondary. Today, when preparing a family vacation, it’s essential to find places with internet access, access to online guides , apps , etc. We should note that our children are digital natives and the tourism industry knows it. We must take full advantage of digital alternatives that this sector offers so, undoubtedly, it will make our vacation more complete.
- Communities of traveling families: More and more families travel and create synergies among them. the creation of blogs, platforms and projects focused on family tourism has helped so much to it. This resource is invaluable and it is already being used widely. Whatever our next destination is, we can access the experience of a family that has previously visited the place we are traveling to and can advise us about the best places to visit with children or share the best tips for visiting a monument or, simply, the best places to go to eat with children. It’s important to not stop surfing in the Internet to find all the necessary information. As mentioned above, families want to travel without surprises, and this is the best way to avoid them.
- P2P Accommodation: A booming option that offers many advantages for family trips.
- Rental of articles for children and babies: One of the things that really bothers when traveling with children is all the articles we must carry (stroller, cribs, car seats, bathtubs, etc.). So, there are new services like KangApp which allows renting everything we may need in destination to both save space problems and avoid overload costs on flights. Moreover, it helps family trips to become more comfortable, earn extra money and get in contact with families from all around the world.